India Travel Tips
- Besides filling the Disembarkation Card, every traveler coming from the foreign land to India needs to get a Currency Declaration Form. A tourist is also required to make an oral declaration of the luggage.
- Tourists carrying articles that require clearance from the custom officer has to go through the Red Channel.
- As per the requirement, tourists with a visa permit for 180 days has to fill up a Registration certificate along with a residential permit. Submit four recent passport size photographs at the time of registration.
- While departing from India, foreign tourists are required to submit the Certificate of registration.
- Foreign nationals have to get a Certificate of Inoculation while traveling.
- To visit all the interesting places of India in one visit is not possible. To make traveling and exploring every corner of the country easier, the Things to do suggests all the famous and important places need to be seen.
- India is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world, so one will find no lodging problem anywhere in the country. Whether seeking for a luxury or mid range hotels, India will not disappoint you.
- Along with Government approved hotels, there are several hostels operated by YMCA and YWCA to make backpackers holiday in India more pleasurable.
- An ideal time to visit India is from May to June or October to March.
- Hindi and English is a common language.
- Those interested to visit special areas like Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh special travel permits are issued to explore such areas.
- Post offices, Banks and Government offices are working throughout the week during normal working hours.
Passport / Visa / Travel Documents
- Along with your valid passport, travel with the photo stated copies of the passport and other travel documents.
- It is advisable to let your travel agent to arrange travel tickets for you.
- While shopping foreign nationals can use credit cards, foreign currency and traveler’s cheques to pay their bills.
- It is advisable not to hire any vehicle from unauthorized persons.
Hotels Mumbai India offers online information on India Travel Tips. For details please fill up the enquire form.